3.5.08

SPRING IN THE LAND OF ICE AND SNOW





Art opening this weekend at the Scandinavia House- From Another Shore: Recent Icelandic Art. I have a secret, harbored love for all things Iceland. The music, the landscape, the sagas. I've been planning my clandestine retreat to the country for sometime next summer. We come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, to fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! I've previously written on the hidden folks, trolls and such, of Iceland in this post.

Regarding the art show, I'm particularly fond of Hrafnkell SigurĂ°sson's tent photographs. Olafur Eliasson has also managed to sneak a piece into this show. But I'll warrant him the current overexposure. The MoMA and PS1 exhibitions are truly something special.

No comments: