27.4.08

PAINTING WILD



I've just discovered for myself the work of Olly and Suzi. They trek across the earth and make animal photographs and drawings/paintings that look like early Joseph Beuys. I think I'm in love.

"Our art-making process is concerned with our journey; a collaborative, mutual response to nature at its most primitive and wild. The majority of our art is conducted in diverse and remote environments both on land and in the sea. We paint on location and in close proximity to animals, which are often endangered, because they are still here. They are our primary subject matter. Where possible we use natural pigments and materials. In this way the wild is our studio."

Read more about the duo in this lengthy article from Men's Vogue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not kidding at all. I have been in love with Men's Vogue since it started. One of the better mags on the rack.